Why Facebook Ads Relevance Score Matters?
Facebook considers how relevant an ad is when determining which ads to show a person. When your ad is relevant to your audience, its relevance score is higher and is more likely to be served than other ads targeting the same audience. As a result, you pay less to reach your audience.
Relevance score is calculated based on the positive and negative feedback we expect an ad to receive from its target audience. The more positive interactions we expect an ad to receive, the higher the ad’s relevance score will be. (Positive indicators vary depending on the ad’s objective, but may include video views, conversions, etc.) The more times we expect people to hide or report an ad, the lower its score will be.
Why relevance score matters?
- It can lower the cost of reaching people. Put simply, the higher an ad’s relevance score is, the less it will cost to be delivered. This is because our ad delivery system is designed to show the right content to the right people, and a high relevance score is seen by the system as a positive signal.
- Of course, relevance isn’t the only factor our ad delivery system considers. Bid matters too. For instance, if two ads are aimed at the same audience, there’s no guarantee that the ad with an excellent relevance score and low bid will beat the ad with a good relevance score and high bid. But, overall, having strong relevance scores will help advertisers see more efficient delivery through our system.
- It can help advertisers test ad creative options before running a campaign. Advertisers can test different combinations of image and copy with different audiences, and learn which combinations offer the highest relevance scores.
- It can help optimize campaigns already in progress. While ad campaigns are running, advertisers can monitor their relevance scores. If a score begins to dip, it may be an indicator that the ad’s creative or audience needs to be refreshed.
See My Fb Ads Relevance Score
How to improve relevance score?
- Ensure you are using correct targeting
- Make it clear what you are trying to achieve
- Best Image quality & dimension.
- Consider your ad’s image and message.
- Learn from your campaigns.
- Refresh your ad.
- Avoid using offensive and misleading content
To see relevance scores for each of your ads:
- Go to your Ads Manager.
- Click All Campaigns, All Ad Sets or All Ads depending on what you want to update.
- Click the Columns dropdown.
- Select Customize Columns.
- Check Relevance Score. You can also check Positive Feedback and Negative Feedback to get more info.
- Back on your Reports page, click Level and select Ad. Make sure you have no delivery breakdown options selected or your score will not show.